The Residency is designed for bi-vocational workers who desire to learn and practice disciple-making, leadership development, and church planting movement principles in their current context of life. The goal of the residency is to equip and mobilize everyday believers to become catalytic leaders who love and obey Jesus by making disciples who make disciples and plant churches that plant churches. It is a 3 month program running during the spring and fall semesters.
As a residency participant you will be discipled in a discovery-oriented small group setting. Unlike most of our western discipleship programs, which are knowledge-based, this discipleship style will be relational and obedience-based. As a group of disciples we will focus on putting into practice Jesus’ teachings and following His commands. We will also look at the book of Acts and implement church planting strategies from Paul’s missionary journeys to reach those in our area with the gospel.
The weekly expectations of a residency participant are:
- Attend the weekly group training meeting on Saturday mornings (2-3 hours)
- Harvest Time – be intentionally engaging new people with the gospel (2 hours)
- Train – pass on what you are learning and help others to put it into practice (1-2 hours)
- Memorize Bible verse having to do with one of Jesus’ commands
- Fast 1 day a week – you choose how you want to fast
Date: Three-month program during fall and spring semesters
Location: Plexpod Westport Commons, 300 E 39th St, Ste LL1J, Kansas City MO 64111